Sagewood Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Good Delima

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

A Good Delima Empty
PostSubject: A Good Delima   A Good Delima Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 12:30 pm

Decisions, decisions. I'll be changing jobs soon, one way or the other. First there is an opening in the ER at work and I've been told that it's mine if I want it...and I do. A proposal is going before the hospital administrator June 15th regarding raises for all the nurses and is expected to be approved.

Secondly, my old supervisor (the one I like) is now back at Sunland and the D.O.N. She's offered me a raise and said she would make a position for me on the unit and shift I want! My contact with the "evil" woman would be minimal.

I really would like to work the ER but it would be nice to be closer to home and the raise is guaranteed, though we haven't talked amount yet. I'd save 55 miles a day of driving. It's right at 80 miles round trip to FSH vs 26 to Sunland.

As I was coming home from Chris's last night, I noticed a gas sign...$3.95...There's my sign! I think I'll be happy either place so it looks like it'll come down to money.
Back to top Go down
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-04-08

A Good Delima Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Delima   A Good Delima Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 12:43 pm

Geez, an 80 mile round trip? I think I'd take the job closer to home. I suppose you could always move, but who wants to go through that hassle? No matter which one you pick, I wish you luck and much job satisfaction!
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Sage
Admin

Number of posts : 316

A Good Delima Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Delima   A Good Delima Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 3:12 pm

Yep yep..take the one that will net you more cash especially if they are both 'equally enticing'. Saving gas money and getting the raise seems to be the 'more cash' route...

Gas will drop again next week. They are price gouging..it's memorial weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://sagewoodfarm.blogspot.com/
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

A Good Delima Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Delima   A Good Delima Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:30 pm

Things are still undecided on the job front. I know to most of you the closer job seems the most logical but I get nauseated at the thought of going back. I have not forgotten how bad things got before I left.

There are some ideas being kicked around at work that might make it not only possible but profitable for me to stay at FSH. And in my gut, that's really where I want to be right now. We shall see. I'm not going to sweat it.

I'm off for the next 9 (NINE!) days! Whooo Hooo! I leave Friday for the Bahamas and they're saying scattered showers the whole time. Bleh. I'm putting in a request for pretty weather! Actually, I don't care. I know it'll be fun. I've been before but this is a fun group going and the ship will be a blast. I just hope it's pretty for my day on the beach. I could really use some surf and sand.

Off to get started on the gazillion things I need to get done before I go.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Admin

Number of posts : 316

A Good Delima Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Delima   A Good Delima Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 1:51 pm

LUCKY YOU! Well, I say that knowing, I'm not fond of 'traveling' to hotter climates in the first place! LOL you enjoy the heat or the rain, whichever you get, I'll hope for sunshine for you though.

Do what's in your gut when it comes to jobs girly. We've all learned, gut feelings are usually the right feelings! GOOD LUCK on whichever decision you make. It's hard to work somewhere you don't want to be though.

Call when you get a chance and enjoy your trip!
Back to top Go down
http://sagewoodfarm.blogspot.com/
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485

A Good Delima Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Delima   A Good Delima Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:45 pm

Oooo, the Bahamas. There's somewhere I haven't been! Have fun on your trip, and be safe.

And as for the job, if you want to stay, then stay. Ultimately it's about what makes you happy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
MandaMae

MandaMae

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-05-07

A Good Delima Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Delima   A Good Delima Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 3:00 pm

Sounds like you made your decision... if the other job is closer but you constantly have to worry about it going to crap again I would stick with the other job personally.
I wish you luck deciding and enjoy your trip! Let me know how it goes we're planning on a cruise once jason gets home from his next trip to Iraq.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mistressangel1983
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

A Good Delima Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Delima   A Good Delima Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:17 am

Oh, the cruise will be fun, I've been on them before. There's 13 of us going and it's a fun bunch. This will be my 5th trip to the Bahamas and my 2nd to Nassau. The temperature and weather are about the same as here so that won't be much different.

If you're planning on taking a cruise and you've never been, I recommend a 3 day one the first time out. That way if you're miserable, it'll only be a short time. Thankfully, I've never had a problem with sea sickness or being in the middle of the ocean, unable to see land.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Good Delima Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Good Delima   A Good Delima Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Good Delima
Page 1 of 1