Sagewood Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some Good News re: Oil Spill

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Some Good News re: Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Some Good News re: Oil Spill   Some Good News re: Oil Spill Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 10:22 am

As you know, I love my beach and so far so good. PC beach has had dime size tar wash up but not too much. Pensacola Beach is a sad sight. Here's hoping T.S. Alex goes away! We don't need a storm!

The good news is Chase has a job helping with the clean up. The pay is good and he'll be working 12 hour shifts, at night, 7 days a week. The plan is to give them off one day after the work 21 days. He will have no life. He went through haz-mat training Tues and Wed., which the company paid for the cost of the training but not their time. Some companies charge for the training. Thursday was physicals and BP required training. They got paid for 10 hours. Last night they scanned them in and scanned them out and he got paid for 8 hours.

He has to show up everyday at 4:30 pm and he'll get paid for 8 hours even if he doesn't work. Of course if the oil washes ashore, he could be working 16 hour shifts. They supply them with everything they need except their personal clothing and shoes. Sunscreen, bug spray, chapstick, food, drinks.

I'm excited he finally found something. For now he's driving back and forth from here but he'll have to find a place down there. It all happened really fast and he still has all his stuff in Tallahassee. He got his TV and expensive stuff like that last night. I'm just so glad he has a job!!!!
Back to top Go down
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Some Good News re: Oil Spill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Good News re: Oil Spill   Some Good News re: Oil Spill Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:06 pm

Good for him! I bet it feels good to be hands on and doing something positive about this, and getting paid for it to boot.

Sigh. I just want it stopped. The fact that BP doesn't seem to see this as an emergency pisses me right off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com

Some Good News re: Oil Spill
Page 1 of 1