Sagewood Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Weird Event

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Weird Event Empty
PostSubject: Weird Event   Weird Event Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 1:50 am

We had a weird incident at work tonight. I was working the ward, the ER was kinda busy. I had gone to get something and was returning to the ward when Joe called me to come down to the ER break room to look at the microwave. I figured someone had made a mess and left it.

Boy did they! Someone had put a plastic pot, like plants come in, filled with dirt, in the microwave and turned it on. It was HOT! And not much of the pot was left. The whole microwave was hot when we pulled it to the edge of the counter to pull the pot of dirt out into the garbage can. It sizzled, there was some smoke, and I thought we'd have to get the fire extinguisher when Joe told me to look in the garbage can. Apparently someone had put styrofoam cups and paper in the bottom and then dirt on top. It melted through the garbage bag and melted the bags folded in the bottom of the can. The bottom of the pot was melted to the bottom of the microwave.

We decided at that point to call security and the fire dept. Obviously someone had tried to start a fire. Now this was probably done by someone who works on center and knows the place. Joe had used the microwave earlier in the evening. When he walked in the room, the microwave was buzzing that it was done. And did our lovely security search the building? No. They didn't even check to see if the basement doors are intact. And there's a tunnel off the basement leading to the morgue. Many ways to get in.

To make it even creepier for us, last night I'd been talking about how if there was a fire, I was leaving. I might grab a resident but I don't do building fires. Tonight, right before all this happened, Miss Ada had been telling the other nurse about the guy who'd been stalking her just a month or two ago. He even came in the building looking for her one night. He wasn't fired, just not allowed to come back to the unit. Joe usually takes her for her smoke break, but he was busy so she took his car. When it hit, I called her cell and she was just driving up so we went outside with her to make sure she got in ok. I hope this guy isn't escalating.

I'm glad I have the next 5 days off.
Back to top Go down
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Weird Event Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird Event   Weird Event Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 9:19 am

Geez, what the hell is going on in this world? And why would you try to start a fire with a potted plant?
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com

Weird Event
Page 1 of 1