Sagewood Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

For the third time already

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-04-08

For the third time already Empty
PostSubject: For the third time already   For the third time already Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 1:05 pm

Geez, I've been trying to post this message since 11 o'clock last night. Let's see if the third time's a charm.

Happy Labor Day weekend, everybody! Got any big plans for the long weekend? For that matter, did anyone even get Monday off? Niel did, but that's because it fell within his regularly scheduled four-day weekend. Go figure.

At any rate, not much has been going on around here. I've slowly but surely been working on the nursery. I have the changing table and bedding set on order, and I just finished painting a yard sale lamp to match the colors in the room. Now I'm working on a decorative light switch cover. We'll see how that goes. I'll probably post some pictures as soon as I get the changing table set up and all.

Yesterday I took my birthday money and headed into Saratoga for a little retail therapy. You should see the cute little fleece pants/hoodie sets I got for the baby. Two of them even have bear ears on the hoods - so adorable. I got home to find out that Niel had been super nice and washed the dishes for me while I was gone. After I assessed that it was actually him and he hadn't been abducted by aliens, I thanked him with loads of kisses, since you all know that dishes are my least favorite chore. Anyway, that's what we've been up to. How about you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: For the third time already   For the third time already Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 9:36 am

Happy Labor Day weekend to you too. No plans here. Chase came over and spent part of yesterday, I went over to see Chris last night. Today my goal is to finally finish painting Chase's old room. It seems every time I'm off, it's too wet to paint.

I'm working tomorrow, at least 12 hrs. I'm taking advantage of some easy overtime money. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: For the third time already   For the third time already Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:25 pm

I had no idea labor day weekend was such a big deal around here. Sunday night Niel and I went to get dinner and see Babylon AD (I was disappointed with the ending, btw). On the way back, we were driving by the lake and for a minute there I thought the woods were on fire. That's when I realized that some people on the lake had lit several huge bonfires (as tall as my house, I'm not kidding you). As we crossed over the bridge into Northville, I could see about 15 of these monster fires and smoke from several more. A few minutes after getting home, we started hearing loud booms, so I looked out of the upstairs window and you could see a massive fireworks display just over the top of the school. This show went on for about half an hour. I was pretty amazed; Labor Day has always just kind of been another day to me, but here, it really is a reason to party. I'll have to remember that and be prepared next year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: For the third time already   For the third time already Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:27 am

Wow! Who knew?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the third time already   For the third time already Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For the third time already
Page 1 of 1