Sagewood Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bathing Aiden

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Bathing Aiden Empty
PostSubject: Bathing Aiden   Bathing Aiden Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 3:10 pm

Well today was a first for me. I played groomer by giving Aiden a bath, clipping his nails and trimming some of his hair at home all by myself today. I took him outside and leashed him to the side of the house (there's a pipe there firmly attached to a tank in the basement, so I knew he wasn't going anywhere). I hosed him down and scrubbed him good. He seemed to enjoy the scrubbing part. He only whined when I sprayed his head or his underside with the water. I think the reason for his complaining was that the water was cold; he had goosebumps when I was done. He especially enjoyed towel time. I liked it too because after he was all dry he looked like a puffy wad of cotton, LOL. Trimming his face was a challenge because he didn't like me holding his face still. That and he kept licking me in my face so I couldn't see what I was doing. Surprisingly enough he didn't have a problem when I trimmed the hair around his bum and peepee. Now at least he won't get those areas all dirty and then come sit on my furniture! Clipping his nails was also not fun because he doesn't like to sit still in the least. Fortunately since he has light colored nails I don't have to worry about cutting off too much since I can see what I'm doing. All I had to do was get a good grip on his foot and go for it. After much protest, we finally finished up. He smells good, although I can't say he looks better. He's having a bad hair day because his fluffy hair has a mind of its own, even though I brushed him several times to try to "style" it. Iris doesn't know this yet, but she's also in for a bath in the coming week. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Sage
Admin

Number of posts : 316

Bathing Aiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathing Aiden   Bathing Aiden Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 4:01 pm

LOL..ahh the grooming days! LOL..
Poor Aiden..I bet that water was cold cold cold!
Back to top Go down
http://sagewoodfarm.blogspot.com/
Kat

Kat

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Bathing Aiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathing Aiden   Bathing Aiden Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 10:32 pm

Awww poor baby

LOL I'm sure he looks real good though!
Back to top Go down
K8 McCridhe

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Bathing Aiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathing Aiden   Bathing Aiden Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:52 am

Reminded of walking along the beach on Gooseberry Island up there in Massachusetts, and Stray and I passed this woman who was letting her dog play in the water.

Now... this was a nice April day, but up there the water is still plenty cold...

The dog was dashing about in the water and having a good old time investigating the hermit crabs and various things that moved... but he'd suddenly jerk his head up, stand very still and start whining in distress.

This caught our attention.

The woman mumbled to us that she didn't understand what his problem was, it wasn't like him to whine that much.

We stood and talked with the woman for a while, and each time this dog would start whining we'd stare at the dog and puzzle over his predicament... what ever it was.

Then... I saw it.
I said "Ah haaaaah!" in a low tone and very slowly, with a subtile hint of a snicker.
Stray saw it at the same time and smirked "That mystery's solved."
The woman looked at us wide eyed "What? What is it?"
I said "I notice your dog is not nuetered."
"Huh?"
Stray is laughing in great booming barks HAH HAH HAH!
I pointed at her dog... angled just so the view was unobstructed to his private parts.
And that cold waters of the Atlantic gently lapped up and submerged the poor dog's balls!
Each time, the dog would jerk his head up and whine.

Yup.
I shoulda known.
Each year we would be in a hurry to get in that water our selves, and Stray would react just about the same way...
Back to top Go down
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485

Bathing Aiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathing Aiden   Bathing Aiden Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:23 am

LOL!

Aiden is neutered, or at least he's supposed to be. He doesn't have any balls, but he sure acts like he does most of the time. He was probably whining for the same reason Smile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Sponsored content

Bathing Aiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathing Aiden   Bathing Aiden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bathing Aiden
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sagewood Country :: Hearth and Home :: The Back 40 :: Critters Barn-
Jump to: