Sagewood Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Maya has a booboo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sage
Admin

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Maya has a booboo Empty
PostSubject: Maya has a booboo   Maya has a booboo Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 7:47 am

I come home yesterday from visiting with Kat and Brayden..and there is blood all over my kitchen floor? WTH??

Just before leaving, I let the dogs out to run about for about 10 mins..they came in..I left.
So ..where'd the blood come from?

I looked them over..and couldn't find anywhere that it was likely to come from, and no Maya isn't in season till fall this year.

So, let the dogs out to play a bit, did a walk in the garden, collected some veggies..came back, sat on the porch for a few minutes and maya is standing in front of me...I see the blood drops..big ones..dripping. AHA! It's her..so I grab her up..and roll her over thinking it's coming from her belly area somewhere..nuttin.
And you know when dogs lay on their back they bend the paws down..right. This prevented me from seeing where the blood was really coming from.
When she stood up..she turned, and I was behind her..I looked down, puzzled and there it was.
The HEEL part of her paw, not the four toe pads or the foot pad, but the upper pad, that never really touches the ground was dripping.
Got her on the ground again..appears she has somehow sliced it, almost sliced the rounded pad part off! We washed her up last night..and bandaged her..she's an invalid now. I'm keeping her still and not letting her roam. Seems when she goes out running is when it would open it up and make it bleed again.
She looks like a horse with it's leggings on right now! LOL..she'll be fine, but you wonder how they do this type of stuff sometime!
Back to top Go down
http://sagewoodfarm.blogspot.com/
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Maya has a booboo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maya has a booboo   Maya has a booboo Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 5:12 pm

Aww, poor Maya! Sounds like when Aiden tore his dew claw playing in the snow. It bled forever, and I had to bandage it up really tight and try to keep him as calm as possible when he went outside to do his business. Corn starch works pretty well as a stiptic powder in a pinch, just make sure to clean it out every now and then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Kat

Kat

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Maya has a booboo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maya has a booboo   Maya has a booboo Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:55 pm

Awww! Well I'm glad you found it! Hope she feels better soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Maya has a booboo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maya has a booboo   Maya has a booboo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maya has a booboo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sagewood Country :: Hearth and Home :: The Back 40 :: Critters Barn-
Jump to: