Sagewood Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Challenge for myself

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Challenge for myself Empty
PostSubject: Challenge for myself   Challenge for myself Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 1:39 am

Well, it's been a long time since we've challenged ourselves to do anything, so I'm making a challenge for myself to try. I have quite a few unfinished projects around the house that need to get done, so over the course of this week, I will pick two of the following projects and complete them:

Paint the living room
Paint the loft
Paint the master bedroom
Finish scrapbooking my Savannah trip
Finish scrapbooking my Grand Canyon Trip
Finish creating the family picture wall in the upstairs hallway
Trim the bushes in front of the house
Finish my garden
Sew curtains for the loft
Finish painting baseboards in the nursery

There's probably a few more things I could list, but since these are on my mind right now, I'll make them priority #1. I have until Friday, June 6th to get two of them done. Perhaps I may make this a weekly thing, picking two projects on my to-do list and just plowing through them until my list is complete. This is stuff I really want to get done before November just because I know it'll be tough to get projects done while hauling a little one around.

So what about you guys? Got any projects you need to finish? Post them here and we can cheer each other on throughout the coming week Smile .
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Sage
Admin

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for myself   Challenge for myself Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 7:34 am

True true, it's been a while.
My biggest project over the next few months is my garden. It's getting to where it's producing almost daily on some things. There are areas that I need to weed (the lettuce bed) and in the next month I'll be planting the second crops of many things...

I've done lots of blog work stemming from our Smokey Mountain vacation and Braydens birth, I try to go see Ashley and the baby once a week..and keeping the house up in between. I've gotta few small crafts done, but seem to have several UFO's I need to finish..
Sooo I can hang with you here and say yeah..give me till this evening to create a list of UFO's and I'll post them.

(Scott is working for the next 4 days..12 hour shifts, so I'll have more time on the puter for actual fun, and more time to take a look about the house!)
Back to top Go down
http://sagewoodfarm.blogspot.com/
LeaShi

LeaShi

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for myself   Challenge for myself Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:56 pm

Well, I might just have to postpone my completion date for my two projects. My throat was a little scratchy last night, but I thought it was no big deal. When I woke up this morning, my nose was completely stuffed up on one side, dry as a bone on the other, and my throat felt like someone had shoved sandpaper down it. Right now my throat isn't so bad, but the pressure in my head is so immense I feel like I should probably strap my eyelids down so my eyes don't go shooting out of my head. I think I caught whatever Niel came home with last week, darn it all.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Admin

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for myself   Challenge for myself Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:06 am

Well, you know the old adage...take it easy, sleep, drink plenty of fluids!

You can always turn it around from a bad thing to a good thing though..you're giving the baby his or her first immunities. Smile Take it easy Lea....no rush on any of the stuff yet. Take what you are allowed to take to make yourself feel better..
I HOPE IT's OVER QUICK FOR YOU!!
Back to top Go down
http://sagewoodfarm.blogspot.com/
LeaShi

LeaShi

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for myself   Challenge for myself Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:28 am

Yeah, I feel a little better this morning, still not great though. I'm thinking that even though they weren't true priorities, I may do the two scrapbooking projects this week, since they don't require much physical activity. So I might get something done after all. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for myself   Challenge for myself Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:26 am

Hope you feel better soon.
Back to top Go down
MandaMae

MandaMae

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for myself   Challenge for myself Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:39 pm

Awww hope you feel better soon. I got blasted by a similar buggy. Snuck up on me.. started with my throat feeling a little off and WHAMMO 3 days later I'm full on congestion and coughing. Dimetapp tastes WAY better when you're a kid than when you're an adult let me tell you!

I suppose my personal goals would just have to be finish up all my little projects I have running around....
Finish cleaning the basement (contractions interupted last time)
Finish painting Tristan's shelf and hang it
Move big rug to Kira's room and small rug to Tristan's room
Finish all the little do-dad painting issues around the house.
Do the last flower bed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mistressangel1983
LeaShi

LeaShi

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for myself   Challenge for myself Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 2:03 am

I am feeling quite a bit better today. My body is working hard to get rid of this cold; I've been coughing my head off trying to get rid of this junk that has been clogging my head and chest. And I agree, Manda, Dimetapp tastes a lot better as a kid. I honestly don't see why I liked it back in the day.

Anywho, as it is now Friday, I'm going to take stock of what I accomplished for my weekly challenge. I didn't actually complete any of my intended projects because this cold made me feel like crap, but I did get some things partially completed:

Even though I didn't get any rooms painted, I got the supplies I needed to do the job and I got the paint mixed for the living room.

I didn't finish the family picture wall, but I did get a picture of my grandfather in uniform framed and up on the wall after some extensive photoshopping to restore it (very old photo, not in good condition).

I didn't finish the baseboards in the nursery, but I did get the crib together, as well as a hamper and diaper pail for the room.

I didn't finish my garden, but I did make an attractive brick border around one of the flower beds in the backyard after I cleaned the leaves out of it.

So that's what I did. Not a whole lot in comparison to my original list, but I suppose it was still enough. I'm hoping you guys got farther than I did!
Back to top Go down
MandaMae

MandaMae

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for myself   Challenge for myself Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:52 am

Well heck Lea... I think you definitely outdid me... lol

I managed to get my flower bed cleaned out and started. and that's about it. I did clean a good deal but yeah... it's been a bad week. Who knows maybe today I'll get some of it done. Seems these contractions are getting more painful but farther spaced... patience is wearing thin but dear lord that castor oil is vile. one swallow and it almost didn't stay down so the full "dose" was not happening.

anywho... good luck to the rest of you! Hope your list got shorter at least
Back to top Go down
LeaShi

LeaShi

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for myself   Challenge for myself Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:58 am

What in the world are you taking that nasty crap for?
Back to top Go down
MandaMae

MandaMae

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for myself   Challenge for myself Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 10:21 am

Eviction notice to my beloved first born son... it's time for him to get out. I am normally more patient but for some reason with this one my patience is gone. I want the kid out, now, last week..... he was already 7 lbs a week and a half ago. it's time for him to get out already. He moves and it hurts. apparently he's been remodeling my organs and it's just to the point where I'm ready to sneeze him out if necessary lol

the first child is exciting. So it the 2nd. I'm still excited with the 3rd. I'll just be more excited when he gets out. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for myself   Challenge for myself Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Challenge for myself
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sagewood Country :: Welcome to Oz :: The Yellow Brick Road-
Jump to: