Sagewood Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Head start Programs....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MandaMae

MandaMae

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Head start Programs.... Empty
PostSubject: Head start Programs....   Head start Programs.... Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:08 pm

Okay so since I am bringing another little hell spawn i mean sweet loving child home... I thought well heck, Emily should be in a head start program. I want her to get used to the school environment and such a few hours a week. Nothing too big.. Just kids her own age learning and playing together.
Well I started the search. Apparently up here your child needs to be developmentally challenged to qualify for these types of services. WTH? Since when is it only good for children who are developmentally challenged?? Sure she knows most of her ABCs and she knows her numbers (if she focuses)... but I want her to get a better handle on these things before I send her to Pre-K. Call me overly paranoid if you want but I don't want her to be the one left out in the cold in these classes in a state that has a higher standard than the SC one. She's precocious and smart but I don't think I can focus enough on these majorly important things with her sister and new brother demanding so much of my time. Plus she needs to figure out how to be a little less of a Mommy's girl no matter how much that drives me nuts. *sigh* I dunno.. this started off annoyance and now I dunno where it's headed to. I just wish I could find some place that's not a day care that will actually give her structure and teach her like a real class....

Apparently smart kids don't need school.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mistressangel1983

Head start Programs....
Page 1 of 1