Sagewood Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's up, doc?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-04-08

What's up, doc? Empty
PostSubject: What's up, doc?   What's up, doc? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:20 pm

So what's everyone been up to these days? I feel like we all haven't talked in ages.

As for me, I haven't been up to much, but a lot has been going on, if that makes any sense. Ciannon is learning new words (her favorites are "wow" and "no"). She already has tantrums, and she likes to cling to me, but I'm hoping that will get better with time. Sometimes it's frustrating, but I try to be patient. She's also become an expert booger excavator ::sigh:: Rolling Eyes . She's 32 inches tall and 22 lbs, and growing like a weed. The doctor says she's healthy and happy and developing normally both physically and mentally, so that's good, since I always worry that I'm not "doing things right."

I still find myself battling the blues occasionally. The cause mostly seems to be my weight and related self-esteem issues. I've started repeating a self-love mantra to help with my self-esteem, but I cannot seem to find the willpower to keep up with the exercise and healthy eating for more than a couple of weeks at a time. I keep wanting to throw the baby out with the bath water when I have an off day. I haven't gained any more weight, but I haven't lost any either. It frustrates me because I should lose at least 20 pounds. Anybody have any tips?

I'm getting excited about our upcoming move. I've been packing up some non-essentials here and there in an atttempt to declutter a bit before we put the house up for sale some time in May. I still have a ton of stuff on my to-do list to get the house market-ready, but I'm confident that it'll all come together. Now I'm just crossing my fingers that we'll find a buyer at the right price.

I've also been sorting through some of our junk and pricing it to get ready for the village-wide yard sale that's happening the first weekend in May. I have a lot of little stuff that I hope will bring us some extra pocket change for the move. I also plan to sell some of my handmade stuff to try to get my name out there and help boost my Etsy business.

Speaking of Etsy, I've made two sales so far. That's good considering lately I haven't been trying that hard. In retrospect, I probably should have waited until after the move to start up shop, but eh, whatever. When we get settled in down in Jax, I want to pick up a business license and start doing craft fairs and flea markets and such. I have lots of neat ideas for stuff to add to my shop, but I don't want to get started yet because I don't want to have to move it all. Smile

So that's what's up with me. How's it going in your neck of the woods?
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

What's up, doc? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up, doc?   What's up, doc? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:55 pm

Sounds like you're busy but then being a mom is a full time job!

Weight issues? We all got 'em. Lately I've really missed being thin. I'm making small changes like making sure I eat at least one vegetable a day and one fruit. I need to exercise more but I'm not too motivated.

Self-esteem - there's lots of free stuff out there that will help you. Affirmations were a big help for me. And listening to more positive stuff.

I honestly don't know what it is I do that eats up all my time but I seem to be busy all the time. I'm off in a bit to have dinner with some friends at their new house. I'm waiting on the brownies to get done. Rush, rush, rush. It's all good though.

And it has been way yonder too long since we've had a chat. We'll have to set one up in a couple of weeks. I gotta work this weekend (just started a 9 day stretch today) but maybe the next one? I don't have yahoo chat though. We'll figure something out. Let me know what's good for ya'll.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Admin

Number of posts : 316

What's up, doc? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up, doc?   What's up, doc? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:44 am

Hmmmmm whats up with me??

Work, work, work. Ok ok..not ALL work, but mostly. Since I'm gone for about 11-12 hours a day 5 days a week it doesnt leave much time for anything else. I try to go to Ashley's on Saturday's so actually, I'm gone 6 days of the week. Come what may I always stay home on Sunday so it at least FEELS like I had a day off! I like the work though, just wish it wasn't quit as long as it is.
Lea..don't sweat the small stuff honey..and trust me, it's all small stuff! I have a feeling as soon as you move the blues will evaporate..keep smilin' and playing with that baby..she won't be little for long. Can't wait to see you all in May.

LF..don't ya just hate those 9 day shifts!! How's mama? and the boychild? Been forever since we talked..egads!

I have been working on Lilly's quilt at least. Since I get up about 4am..I take an hour and work on it before getting ready for work. That helps. I'm having to 'find' the time to do craft stuff and computer work (which has been sorely lacking lately) but I'll get it eventually.

Would love to get a chat together. Saturday or Sunday night is my only time though (since I'm asleep by like 8 or 9 through the week!)

Let me know what you guys want to do..we can chat on here, not the best of course, but still an option!

HUGS!
Back to top Go down
http://sagewoodfarm.blogspot.com/
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485

What's up, doc? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up, doc?   What's up, doc? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:47 pm

Eh, I'm trying not to sweat the small stuff. Speaking of which, Niel got mad at Facebook today and then tried to pick a fight with me over saying that some Jehovah's Witnesses that stopped by were nice people. WTH? I swear I don't get him sometimes. Anyway, just had to get that out so I wouldn't dwell on it. He's gone to bed now; hopefully some rest will put him in a better mood.

Oh, and LF, the self-love mantra seems to be working. I've noticed an improvement in my mood. I've also been going to bed at a decent hour and getting up before Ciannon so I have some "me time" in the mornings. I'm amazed at how much those little changes help. I figure I might try a weight-loss mantra to get me psyched about exercising and eating healthy.

We could chat on here, I guess, but I remember it being kind of broken. What chat medium do you have, LF? I'm not against downloading something new. I can do Saturday or Sunday. I should be able to keep one eyeball on the screen and one on Ciannon. If we make the chat for between 12 and 2 or after 8, she'll even be asleep. Whatever you guys want.
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

What's up, doc? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up, doc?   What's up, doc? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:58 pm

I don't know what chat medium I have except prob. google. We'll have to see what we can find. Maybe Sunday evening I'll have time to look and see what's out there.

Mama and Chase are fine. Same old, same old here. But I like that! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What's up, doc? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up, doc?   What's up, doc? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's up, doc?
Page 1 of 1