Sagewood Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So Sage....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

So Sage.... Empty
PostSubject: So Sage....   So Sage.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 8:01 am

Any word on the job front? How' s Scott's back doing?
Back to top Go down
Sage
Admin

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-04-08

So Sage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Sage....   So Sage.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 8:20 pm

NO word yet..but I was already told they won't make a decision till sometime within the first two weeks of the year..(which officially starts tomorrow (monday).......so we'll see!!

His back?? hmmm well let's see..he has his good days and his bad days..and he's considering going on 'full term' disability.......for the rest of his life disability.

Don't ask me how I feel about that..it's not pretty.
Back to top Go down
http://sagewoodfarm.blogspot.com/
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

So Sage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Sage....   So Sage.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:48 pm

Sad Sorry to hear that.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Admin

So Sage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Sage....   So Sage.... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:41 pm

Ok..word on the job front..

I was called yesterday...I'm ranking in the top and go in tomorrow for more testing. So wish me good luck. I have to be there at 8:30 and the testing is for basic skills, map reading, typing, etc, etc. Soooo we'll see what happens after tomorrow!!
Back to top Go down
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

So Sage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Sage....   So Sage.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:18 pm

Your a shoe-in! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sage
Admin

So Sage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Sage....   So Sage.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:56 am

Ok, here's the scoop so far.

The test was not that difficult (TO ME)..I made a few stupid mistakes..(of course..figures)
I transposed one set of numbers..got two misspellings..got two map questions wrong..

Anyway..there were about 16 sections on the test..do not know how many total questions there were, but it sure did seem like a lot! I aced 13 out of the 16 sections... Total wrong..6 (I THINK!)..anyway..I was NOT pleased on a personal level with my score..remembering when I used to take tests, I almost always got 95 or better..but that was with studying. I didn't have anything to study for on this test..had no clue as to what was going to be on it. ALL that said and done..I got an 89..lowest you could get was a 70.
So..word got to tony that "I did very well and scored very high on that test".....Ok..great.
Word came to Tony again the next day, after all the other applicants tested..and well...I got the highest score.
Since I was already one of the top two (according to word sent to tony)..plus got the highest score on the test..I would say..I'll get the job.
They are letting everyone know by the end of this week.

You'll know when I do!!

Ohh Edit: Even though I got two (or more..I can't remember) words spelled incorrectly..apparently..I was the only one who know how to spell much of ANYTHNG! (as told to you know who)
Back to top Go down
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

So Sage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Sage....   So Sage.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 7:07 pm

I believe it about the spelling. I just thought I was bad!

I'll be anxiously awaiting to hear that you got the job. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sage
Admin

So Sage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Sage....   So Sage.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:11 pm

Well well well well.....I made the phone call today since I had not heard anything all week..and here's what I heard:

"We aren't going to be able to use you this time. We'll keep your application on file for 6 months and I'm sure something will come up in that time."

So..no..I did not get the job at dispatch. I have a feeling I know why..but it's not a pretty reason.
Back to top Go down
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

So Sage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Sage....   So Sage.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 7:59 am

What? I can't believe that! Don't tell me, you aren't the right color?
Back to top Go down
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485

So Sage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Sage....   So Sage.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:44 am

What?! Well, at least now you know what you can tell them at Tommy's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Sage
Admin

So Sage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Sage....   So Sage.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 7:58 pm

Well..LF that's about right...
Sooo I got off phone with lead dispatcher (who makes that decision)..and called Tommies. I go in Monday to fill out the paper work and begin training on Tuesday. Smile Soo all is still good..Tommies will be a work in progress, but one I'm sure I'll enjoy.

Dispatch..however, ......is out. Even if they call me I'll be telling them "I'm sorry, I can't use your right now, I'll keep your suggestion on file for 6 months".

I'd like to know how you can be the lead dog and not win the race? HUHUHUHUHUH?
Back to top Go down
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

So Sage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Sage....   So Sage.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 8:17 pm

Small town politics, good ol' boy network. What's Tommies?
Back to top Go down
LeaShi

LeaShi

So Sage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Sage....   So Sage.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:28 am

It's an auto repair shop and salvage yard Smile
Back to top Go down
LeaShi

LeaShi

So Sage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Sage....   So Sage.... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:00 pm

So, so, how was your first day of training?
Back to top Go down
Sage
Admin

So Sage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Sage....   So Sage.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:29 am

Sorry I haven't checked in a while..here's the skinny (as short and sweet as I can make it)

Tommies is working out great..nice people. It's TONS AND TONS of information..wouldn't have believed it, but my gawd..talk about brain overload the first few days. I've made it through to the end of the week at least no worse for wear.

HOWEVER..here's the scoop on some dispatch business.
On Friday, Scott calls me from home..he says "Dispatch just called, they want you to call them back"........so what do I do? I call Tony...asked him what the hell is going on..

Here's what has happened.
Tony called the head of dispatch Chief so and so ..last friday night and asked him what the hell..?? Told him I did not get hired and we were all confused because I was top ranked..according to Chief so and so I was slotted 'to fill that position......he was floored and pissed. He had no idea. He immediately got off the phone and made some phone calls to the lead dispatcher..Lt. what's her face. Apparently she didn't care for ANY of the applicants and hired NO ONE!
(ps, I've got a feeling why she didn't like me, more on that later)
ANYWAY...come this week..I had heard nothing and it mattered not because I was already working at Tommies. HOWEVER, Chief so and so was apparently doing some ass chewing and told Lt. what's her face to put me in that position.
By Friday, dispatch had called again, and of course, I returned their call.
The cock and bull story I was given was..."the girl we hired is not going to be able to fill the position due to 'school' so we'd like you to come in on Thursday." TOO LATE!
My exact response was "You know..when I called last friday I was told you could not use me at this time but that you would keep my application on file for the next six months. I've already been waiting a year to get this position and could not wait another six months to find a job. I have since secured another job and will not be able to take your offer.
She was slightly taken aback (DUH!)..she stammered and stumbled and finally said "well congratulations on getting another job so quickly and thank you."

I then proceeded to call Tony again..told him to relay to Chief so and so that I appreciate everything he did to get me called and put in the position, but I simply could not wait any longer.
Tony told me he had already told him..and that Chief so and so, laughed his ass off and said I was probably better off.
(Especially since Lt. what's her face was being 'told' to hire me and since she didn't want to hire me, she'd have tried to make my life hell and found any little reason she could have to fire me)
Why didn't she like me?? I know you've all heard of alpha males? Well, she was the alpha female..she ruled her roost. I didn't give her the attitude that I would bow down to anyone..on the day of testing, I was supposed to meet with her at 8:30 am. I arrived at the dispatch office at 8:15..she had not even gotten to work and apparently she was supposed to have been there at 8. She was called when I arrived..was told I was on scene..She got to work at exactly 8:30...she was NOT pleased that I had 'one uped' her in front of the other dispatchers..you could tell she had a chip on her shoulder toward me the minute she walked in the builiding. All in all, I was a threat to her alpha bitch status. I would not follow suit and kiss ass as the others do.
What will she recieve because of this..probably nothing more then an ass chewing. Personally I don't give a rats ass!
Back to top Go down
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

So Sage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Sage....   So Sage.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:38 am

In light of all that, I'm glad you're working at Tommies. Sheesh!
Back to top Go down
Sage
Admin

So Sage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Sage....   So Sage.... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:53 pm

ME TOO!!! Tommies is working out great. I love the place. Grant it..I'm gone 10 hours or better a day. That's a long day BUT..it doesn't seem that long when I'm there working. It's cool. The people are nice...privately owned business ya know. ANYWAY...it's all good. And I was specifically told by the owner that they would be giving me raises as soon as I was trained..her exact word were 'we will not keep you at this pay rate for long, you'll get raises quickly as you learn'. Right now..I'm at 9 an hour..and she did ask me how much I'd be making if I was at dispatch..I told her 11.85..so I'm expecting that she'll try to match that prolly with the year..(no promise on that..but that's my guess)
Back to top Go down
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

So Sage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Sage....   So Sage.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:49 pm

What days/hours do you work?
Back to top Go down
Sage
Admin

So Sage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Sage....   So Sage.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:58 am

I work M-F 8am to 6pm.....with an hour lunch (which I really don't take..I eat at the office 99% of the time)

After I'm trained, there will be the occasionaly Saturdays..(prolly once every 6 weeks)..and then only from 8-12.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So Sage.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Sage....   So Sage.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Sage....
Page 1 of 1