Sagewood Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2009 Already SUX!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
K8 McCridhe

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-04

2009 Already SUX! Empty
PostSubject: 2009 Already SUX!   2009 Already SUX! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 3:56 am

Well... here I am.

Another darned lay-off.

A week after my husband had a stroke (and we have no health insurance).

Now... I could be a pessimist and say if I didn't have bad luck this year, I wouldn't have had any luck at all.

But... Stray's stroke was not as bad as it could have been, even with the frustrations he's having over the loss of use of his right hand (and he is a right hander). We've gotten a warning, and now we can be watchful, not caught so off guard as we were. And he walked away with just an Rx for an aspirin a day, with a lot of health concerns we were worried about eliminated (which confused the doctors, but... we seem to do that a lot...), and not all those costly scary pills that cause other health problems.

My layoff plops me into a convenient little pigeon hole that was a crack while I was working --- because I'm going to need some help to pay that hospital bill off! I wasn't qualified for any help while I was working. CT's, MRI's, sonograms, EKG's, Neurologists, Cardiologists, all sorts of 'gists... and just the bed in the hospital... YIKES!

But... I think I need to look at this as an opportunity. I have been granted some more time, for a little while, to concentrate on what really matters, and for the reason that I've been working so hard all these years.

Yeah, it's going to be a bit of a rough ride. But I always expected some rough patches in life, from the time I was very young. I can handle this, in spite of the worries and the tears I may shed in times when I'm not so sure and the anger I may express when I'm feeling life isn't fair (and unfortunately, it is very fair - just doesn't go my way all the time), but I *will* get through this.

We will get through this.

I just have to keep reminding myself that things could be worse, and I've got opportunities right under my nose to make this time count.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Admin

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-04-08

2009 Already SUX! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Already SUX!   2009 Already SUX! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 6:54 pm

Oh my Kate!! I must have missed this post earlier! (I've had puter problems so it doesnt suprise me!)
Just buckle up the seat bealts hon..yeah, it may be a rough ride getting thru, but just like you said "you will get through this"..I'll be thinking about you hon..keep the chin up, don't let them get you down..I am so sorry to hear this..hon..keep pluggin away..we will be here if you want to talk, vent, bitch, moan or celebrate!
Back to top Go down
http://sagewoodfarm.blogspot.com/
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

2009 Already SUX! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Already SUX!   2009 Already SUX! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:01 pm

I missed it too! Sorry. I hope Stray is doing better now. I hope you both are. At least you're trying to find something good in all this. I certainly hope things clear up for you on the financial front and the health front.
Back to top Go down
MandaMae

MandaMae

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-05-07

2009 Already SUX! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Already SUX!   2009 Already SUX! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:46 pm

Aww Kate, I'm sorry it's been tough going already. I hope Stray is doing better and things start getting better. Just keep trying to be positive... and like Sage said, we're here if you need to vent or anything
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mistressangel1983
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-04-08

2009 Already SUX! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Already SUX!   2009 Already SUX! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 8:49 pm

Sad I'm always at a loss for words when bad stuff happens. Hopefully things will be looking up for you soon though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
K8 McCridhe

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-04

2009 Already SUX! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Already SUX!   2009 Already SUX! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 2:16 am

*Shrug* Things are maintaining.

Still looking for work, found more scams than work, unfortunately. Luckily, neither one of us are very trusting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2009 Already SUX! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2009 Already SUX!   2009 Already SUX! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2009 Already SUX!
Page 1 of 1