Sagewood Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I guess it's time

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sage
Admin

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-04-08

I guess it's time Empty
PostSubject: I guess it's time   I guess it's time Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 am

For a weekly update!!

Not much new here on the SC front. MandaMae and Kat visited this week...we had lunch and played with the babies of course. I rode with the po po again last night..had a blast..top speed 130! ACK!! It's all good. Things are good since surgery, hardly any painful chest racking heartburn..have had a few bouts of simple heart burn that a tums will take care of, but that has only happened when I've eated 'tomatoe based sauces'.....bleh. Don't like those that much anyway.
It's not long before I'll be heading out to NY ..whew..time sure does fly.
That's about all my news...actually, there just really isn't any news.

Ohh the hearing last Thursday, was really not a 'hearing' perse..it was to assign each boy a lawyer and to make sure there was enough evidence to go to court..grand jury court. The answer is yes, which we already knew. So now, we wait to hear when the first court date will be. I will keep everyone informed.

Till next time..
Back to top Go down
http://sagewoodfarm.blogspot.com/
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485

I guess it's time Empty
PostSubject: Re: I guess it's time   I guess it's time Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 12:37 pm

Not much to report here either. Niel started his day-staff position at work two weeks ago, and I'm liking not having to deal with shift work. I also like him having normal weekends off. Today we celebrate our 5th anniversary. All in all, we've been an item for 8 years; it's pretty hard to believe. I got him this fleece hoodie he's been wanting from the Penny Arcade store. I'd link it to you guys, but it won't make much sense if you don't read the comics. I don't know what he got me... he's down stairs "assembling it like you assemble a bike for a kid on Christmas morning" (his words). Other than that, I've been working on keeping the house clean (trying to get into a rhythm so it will be easier to get back into the swing after the baby comes). You guys saw the paintings I did; I'm slowly but surely pulling the baby's room together. This weekend I'm going to be working on getting the loft prepped for painting. Once that's done, everything should just fall into place, since that's really the last major home improvement project on my list. I've also been called for jury duty the week of the 27th. Hopefully they won't need me, but if they do I've decided to get it over with so I don't have to hire a babysitter two to six months from now. Anyway, that's about all I've been up to. Time is indeed flying by. Hopefully I can get everything I want to do done before our November appointment Smile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

I guess it's time Empty
PostSubject: Re: I guess it's time   I guess it's time Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 1:20 pm

Happy Anniversary! Pregnant women as far along as you are automatically excused from jury duty. Very Happy

Not much to report here. I've just been puttering around the house, slowly starting to get things like I want them. I finally finished getting the craft room painted....after 7 coats of paint! We're slowly working on getting it organized. I got a new storm door and my brother put a doggie door in it, big enough for Samson. Chris hung the door for me. I got the house pressure washed before the weather turned cool. I lead a really boring life but it suits me. Smile

I'm enjoying the cooler weather and having the house open. Work has been rather exciting this week.

Tuesday night at the end of the shift an employee came in the ER having an asthma attack and rapidly deteriorated into a medical emergency. We life-flighted him out and last I heard he was doing pretty good. Then Thursday not long after we got there we had a resident come in with a possible head injury following a fall. Her level of consciousness was rapidly dropping but it weren't the head injury. She was getting septic from an infection, which probably caused the fall, which called her blood pressure to drop and the decline in consciousness. We got her temp. down and BP back up and then we got her to the big hospital in Tallahssee. She improved enough they sent her back to us, ie. she perked up and was raising hell in their ER. LOL! Then we started off last night with a medical emergency too! But it weren't anything too bad and we stablized him and kept him on our medical ward.

I'm just glad all the drama in my life is at work and it's fun!
Back to top Go down
Sage
Admin

I guess it's time Empty
PostSubject: Re: I guess it's time   I guess it's time Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 2:16 pm

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!! (I just mentioned this to Kat this morning!)
Back to top Go down
Haggie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-25

I guess it's time Empty
PostSubject: Re: I guess it's time   I guess it's time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 10:19 am

Ahhh finally got this damned thing working agian..but anyway

Happy Anniversary Lei!!! Hard to believe you and Neil have been married this long...gawd time does fly.

Things here have been slow and easy for the most part. Work, a little eventing, trying to keep housework up. Other than that, I am learning to live with being a diabetic. lol not even a week and it's a challange already - never realized how much sugar I ate! But it's all good, very managable and not too hard to do. Nick is about half way through his first semester in college and has learned it's alot more work than he thought, but grades are ok and he's working hard to bring them up. Other than that, the same ole same ole.

Glad I got this thing back working so I can keep up better with everyone! So I'll try to keep up on the posts more.

Haggie
Back to top Go down
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

I guess it's time Empty
PostSubject: Re: I guess it's time   I guess it's time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 12:18 pm

{{{{{{{Haggie!!!!}}}}}}} So glad to see you back! Sorry to hear about the Diabetes. But you're smart, you'll learn to manage it. Glad Nick is doing ok in College. I'm sure he'll learn to enjoy it more as time goes by.
Back to top Go down
LeaShi

LeaShi

I guess it's time Empty
PostSubject: Re: I guess it's time   I guess it's time Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 12:33 pm

Yay for working computers! Good to hear from you, Haggie. Sorry to hear about the diabetes; hopefully you'll get adjusted and things will be just fine. I've got it on both sides of my family, so there's a good chance I could end up with it too. Gotta love genes. Tell Nick to stick with it; as soon as he gets the hang of things, I'm sure college will be one of the best times of his life. It sure was for me Smile.

Lightfoot, what color did you paint your craft room that took 7 coats?! The only two colors I can think of that take that many are black and red. Maybe navy blue. A doggie door big enough for Samson - lord, that must be half the size of the real door, lol! And as far as jury duty goes, I figured there'd be a good chance I'd get dismissed because of my "condition," but them sending me home is different that me calling up and asking for a postponement. With a postponement, you are supposed to provide another date within 2 to 6 months when they can call you again, and they WILL, and you have no choice but to go. If I report like I'm supposed to and end up getting sent home, I'm pretty sure I get marked down as time served and my name doesn't go back into the rotation for a while. That would be the ideal situation, since I don't want to have to leave a little one that young with a stranger, nor do I want Niel to have to take special leave to watch her. But anyway.

Thanks everyone for the anniversary wishes! Niel and I had a pretty good day yesterday. We didn't get pizza like I wanted, but that's okay.
Back to top Go down
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

I guess it's time Empty
PostSubject: Re: I guess it's time   I guess it's time Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:26 pm

So what did you get for your anniversary? And yeah, if you show up and get excused it's time served, though nursing mothers get excused too. Smile

The room was painted a medium gray. I wanted it a soft peach. I thought I'd applied the first coat too thin and there was enough for a second coat. But the gray still showed through and the peach looked a sickly orange. So I went over it with two coats of white base paint. You could just faintly see the gray so I put a softer color of peach over it. You could still see the gray. Then I went to Sherwin Williams. The first coat covered the gray and really, the second coat just deepened the soft peach. Sheesh! I'm glad I didn't let Chase convince me to paint the damn room black back in the day. Though I would have probably started off with a really good base coat had it been black.

And the doggie door is big enough for a 220lb dog and yeah, it covers most of the bottom of the door.
Back to top Go down
LeaShi

LeaShi

I guess it's time Empty
PostSubject: Re: I guess it's time   I guess it's time Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:12 pm

Oh, it's not the color you were painting the room, it's the color the room was! I'm sure some people have had some grief painting over my more colorful choices, lol (like I know for a fact that my old living room in GA is now green and brown instead of electric blue). Glad you finally got it the color you wanted it Smile.

I got a nice hand mixer and a blender for my anniversary. My old mixer shit itself about 2 months ago (there was smoke and everything), so I've been wanting something nice. I wasn't expecting the blender, but at least now I can have smoothies and milkshakes again Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sage
Admin

I guess it's time Empty
PostSubject: Re: I guess it's time   I guess it's time Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:17 pm

Glad to hear from ya Haggie!
You'll handle the diabetes..I'm sure you will..we all have faith in ya!!

Glad your puter is up and running again, make sure you stop by OFTEN!!! LOVE YA!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I guess it's time Empty
PostSubject: Re: I guess it's time   I guess it's time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I guess it's time
Page 1 of 1