Sagewood Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Looking for home quotes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Looking for home quotes Empty
PostSubject: Looking for home quotes   Looking for home quotes Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 6:20 pm

Does anyone know any good quotes about home? I'm looking to make a sign with a quote on it, and I wanted something different than the typical quotes you can see on store-bought signs. I'm mainly looking for something unique; I'd like something humorous, but it doesn't have to be. I don't want anything super sentimental either unless it's deeply profound. Anywho, I spent some time looking for some quotes, and these are the ones that I found that I like:

Quote :
Home is where you can say anything you please, because nobody pays any attention to you anyway.

Home is where you can scratch where it itches.

Home is where the house is.

A happy home is one in which each spouse grants the possibility that the other may be right, though neither believes it.

It's really our pets' house - we just pay the mortgage.

The worst thing about work in the house or home is that whatever you do it is destroyed, laid waste or eaten within twenty-four hours.

If your house is really a mess and a stranger comes to the door, greet him with, "Who could have done this? We have no enemies."

At worst, a house unkept cannot be so distressing as a life unlived.

These are my two favorites:

Quote :
Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in.

May the roof above us never fall in, and may we good companions beneath it never fall out.

What do you guys think? Got a better quote to add? I'd love to hear it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Looking for home quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for home quotes   Looking for home quotes Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:23 am

I like all those but I think this is my favorite: It's really our pets' house - we just pay the mortgage. If I can think up some, I'll post it here.
Back to top Go down

Looking for home quotes
Page 1 of 1