Sagewood Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lots of rain and little sleep

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Lots of rain and little sleep Empty
PostSubject: Lots of rain and little sleep   Lots of rain and little sleep Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 5:13 am

So here it is, a quarter till four in the morning, and I am as awake as it gets. I don't quite understand it. I was tired when I fell asleep at midnight, slept for an hour, woke up because nature called (pretty normal for me these days), but then I couldn't fall asleep again. It was like I'd gotten an entire night's sleep in that hour. Sigh. So here I am, typing away and listening to the falling rain outside. The sound's quite nice, actually. The only thing I'm wondering is when the rain is going to stop. We've gotten rain everyday for almost a week now. It hasn't been constant, but it's still persistent. They say April showers bring May flowers, but I think some of April's showers got a little lost on the way here, either that or they didn't get the memo that April was over.

Anyway, since I've got all the time in the world here, I figure I'll tell you what's up with me. I mentioned that I was in a Christmas frame of mind, so I decided to go through my decorations, pick out what I wanted to keep, and donate the rest. I got rid of a few items that were given to me by my mother when she was cleaning out her Christmas stuff - mainly odds and ends that didn't fit my style. I also got rid of a bunch of glass ball ornaments that I didn't want anymore. I never have particularly liked glass balls, so I decided to donate them and find some things that I really liked. I chose to look for some vintage wooden, German-style ornaments. Mom had some when I was a kid and I always liked them because they were colorful and fun, but now I love them even more because they remind me of Christmases gone by. Now that Niel and I are having a baby, fun and colorful ornaments like that seem to be just the ticket. Not to mention they're less likely to break and won't tarnish or turn weird colors like glass balls are apt to do. So after some searching, I found a couple lots of ornaments on ebay that I bid on and won. Soon enough I will be the proud owner of 40 never out of the box vintage wooden Christmas ornaments. As soon as I get them, I'll be posting pictures. Bye bye, glass balls! Now I'll have something I truly love.

My little victory on ebay has been pretty much all that's been going on with me the past couple of days, besides the constant waiting game with my referral from Tricare which you guys already know about. So what's up with y'all? Doing anything fun? Making any plans? Rearranging your sock drawer? Whatever it is, I wanna know!
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Sage
Admin

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Lots of rain and little sleep   Lots of rain and little sleep Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 3:01 pm

Well..I'm just kinda hanging in! We took the boat out yesterday of course. Had a good time. Scott had a tendency to run fast over the open water, and since the open water was a bit rough on the lake..of course, it beat the shit outta me! ((I think he did it on purpose!))

The dogs had a blast..cept for when he was beatin us to death. They loved stopping off at the little island we stopped at..running in the sand and Cami swam her little legs off..on her own..of her own free will..she just was in 7th heaven. Got Maya swimmin' too..of course, daddy had to go out with her the first time..so he threw a stick then walked out to where he threw it..she followed..swimming. She would go just so far by herself..but she wasn't sure about deep water..and would whine..WUS! Anyway, she did it..and ended up kinda liking it. We all jumped back in the boat, found us a fishing hole and dropped a line or two. The girls were very very good on the boat. Just layed there..napped.

We got back and hooked the boat back onto the trailer, when Scott got into the truck I asked him if he found my uterus back there in the boat somewhere?? I swear, men and their friggin speed..beat me to death!
I had a good time though..cept for the beatin' me to death part!

Today we are working in the yard..Scott more then me..cuz it's friggin hot out there right now. I'll go out and do more when the sun goes down a bit.
I hung out a load of towels..brought them in already..folded and put away. Gotta find something for dinner..but that's about all I'm doing today!
Back to top Go down
http://sagewoodfarm.blogspot.com/
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Lots of rain and little sleep   Lots of rain and little sleep Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 12:15 pm

What day is it? Oh, Monday. Let's see....drove to Gainesville with my cousin and her husband Thursday evening, got up very early to watch her graduate from school with her PharmD degree. Very Happy I'm so proud of her. Dr. Kari!

Got home Friday and spent the evening with Chris and son. Phone range right after I got up Sat. asking me to come in early which I did. I got up at 4:30 yest. and pulled a double 6 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Whew! I was a bit tired.

I have today off, going to run a few errands and spend the evening with Chris. I'm supposed to work a double tomorrow 2 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. I'm not off again until Sunday because I'm working for someone Saturday.

Lea, congrats on the ornaments. Sage, smack him in the head!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lots of rain and little sleep   Lots of rain and little sleep Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lots of rain and little sleep
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sagewood Country :: The Courtyard :: The Front Porch-
Jump to: