Sagewood Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It's a girl - maybe.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-04-08

It's a girl - maybe. Empty
PostSubject: It's a girl - maybe.   It's a girl - maybe. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 4:20 pm

That's right! We possibly could be having a baby girl. The nurse looked the baby over well and said she wasn't 100% sure, but her opinion was that the baby is a girl. So, either we have a girl or a not-so-well endowed little boy. Personally, I'm hoping it's a girl (I also "feel" that it's a girl, if that makes sense), and I'll try to get that confirmed if I have another ultrasound in the future.

Anyway, the evaluation went well, even if it didn't start off so great. I was told that I had to drink 6-8 glasses of water an hour before the appointment, and I did. The problem was in my ability to hold that water. I ended up spewing about 4 glasses back up on the side of the road, on the car door, and on myself. It was awesome. As we pulled up to the nearest gas station to get some napkins, Niel asked me, "Well does this mean you need to drink some more water?" I told him, "Screw that, they'll make due." And apparently they did, because even though I had to swap positions several times, the nurse got all the appropriate measurements and photos. She said that everything looked great, so that makes me happy. I actually think the best part of today was sneaking glances at Niel and seeing him smiling while watching the screen. For all his acting, he's a big softie, but you didn't hear that from me Wink .

If you guys want to check them out, I posted the three ultrasound pics we got today on my Photobucket account. Just follow the link in my signature and go to the Our Baby tab on the left.
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Kat

Kat

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: It's a girl - maybe.   It's a girl - maybe. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 5:46 pm

So excited for you Smile Smile glad to hear it.

Wow, Don't know why they told you to drink that much water, such a short time before... all you needed was a full bladder. Why didn't they just phrase it that way? Question gosh Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sage
Admin

Number of posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: It's a girl - maybe.   It's a girl - maybe. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 6:34 pm

Hehehe...very cool......
We'll see you guys in a day or two!!
Back to top Go down
http://sagewoodfarm.blogspot.com/
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: It's a girl - maybe.   It's a girl - maybe. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 1:42 pm

Very Happy Congrats! The ultrasound pics are really clear...but I can't tell the sex, so we'll take the techs word for it.
Back to top Go down
MandaMae

MandaMae

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: It's a girl - maybe.   It's a girl - maybe. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 4:23 pm

Wow.... 6-8 glasses.. they were mean to you I was always told just to have a full bladder....

They didn't give you any of the shots to tell if it was a girl so I dunno... mayhaps the newest addition didn't give her the shot... I do know that with the girls and Tristan that you could definitely tell.... boy parts and the lack there of. Hopefully tricare will approve another ultrasound. I was told we were allowed 2 and that was it unless there were complications. Friggin' tricare sucks butt. Congratulations again and drive safe on the way home I'll be with you in spirit
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mistressangel1983
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485

PostSubject: Re: It's a girl - maybe.   It's a girl - maybe. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:44 pm

Well, I've had three and haven't been charged for any of them. Granted I had to get approval for this last one, but that's 'cause my OB had to send me somewhere else for it is all. We may get another one at the hospital, we may not. Hell, I may even look into getting a 4D done. I know I'll have to pay for it, but I had a friend get it done and she said it was only $200. As good as the baby has been about pictures, we may have some good luck with it. And no, the nurse didn't give me the money shots, but I'm tellin' ya, she looked all over that baby, and if it had a penis, the poor kid is gonna get teased in the locker room. So we're going with the girl story for now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
MandaMae

MandaMae

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: It's a girl - maybe.   It's a girl - maybe. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 1:06 pm

oh see thats just dirty.... another reason to dislike my dr. lying to patients tisk tisk. I figure its a girl too... cuz you can see a definite difference lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mistressangel1983
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's a girl - maybe.   It's a girl - maybe. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's a girl - maybe.
Page 1 of 1