Sagewood Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mob Burns to Death 11 People Accused of Witchcraft

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Mob Burns to Death 11 People Accused of Witchcraft Empty
PostSubject: Mob Burns to Death 11 People Accused of Witchcraft   Mob Burns to Death 11 People Accused of Witchcraft Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:31 pm

I am amazed at the continued ignorance of people!

NAIROBI, Kenya — Officials say a mob in western Kenya has burned to death 11 people suspected of being witches and wizards.

Deputy police spokesman Charles Owino says the mob hunted down the eight women and three men in two villages in the western Kenya district of Kisii Central. Owino says most of the victims were between 70 and 90 years old.

Senior administrator Njoroge Ndirangu says the mob used a list Tuesday night and Wednesday morning to hunt down people they said were suspected witches and wizards.

"These people identified who is to be killed by accusing their victims of bewitching their sons and daughters," says Ndirangu. Ndirangu is the commissioner in charge of Kisii Central district.
Back to top Go down
MandaMae

MandaMae

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Mob Burns to Death 11 People Accused of Witchcraft   Mob Burns to Death 11 People Accused of Witchcraft Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:54 pm

Well geeze... they probably didn't have the mold induced hallucinations that the Salem Witch Trials had.. these people are just whacked... apparently I need to start sleeping in flame resistant jammies just to be safe...

Whack jobs i swear..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mistressangel1983
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Mob Burns to Death 11 People Accused of Witchcraft   Mob Burns to Death 11 People Accused of Witchcraft Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 5:46 pm

Why were all the victims so old, I wonder.
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
K8 McCridhe

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Mob Burns to Death 11 People Accused of Witchcraft   Mob Burns to Death 11 People Accused of Witchcraft Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:11 am

You never expect the Spanish Inquisition...

There were theories back in the middle ages that sometimes folks with prime property were accused...
Back to top Go down
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

PostSubject: Re: Mob Burns to Death 11 People Accused of Witchcraft   Mob Burns to Death 11 People Accused of Witchcraft Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:53 am

The story continues: http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa/06/12/kenya.witches/index.html
Back to top Go down
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Mob Burns to Death 11 People Accused of Witchcraft   Mob Burns to Death 11 People Accused of Witchcraft Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:42 pm

Wow.

I think what I find the most amazing is that people with a shamanistic heritage would be afraid of witchcraft. They don't even think that the local shaman who throws bones and talks to the dead is strange, but they'll kill an old lady for being a witch. I suppose their perception of witchcraft could be that the powers witches have are unnatural somehow. Mostly I agree with what the shaman said - it's about greed and hate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

PostSubject: Re: Mob Burns to Death 11 People Accused of Witchcraft   Mob Burns to Death 11 People Accused of Witchcraft Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 12:46 pm

Witches are evil you know! They talk to the devil and such. affraid

Of course it's about greed and hate. And power and control.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mob Burns to Death 11 People Accused of Witchcraft   Mob Burns to Death 11 People Accused of Witchcraft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mob Burns to Death 11 People Accused of Witchcraft
Page 1 of 1