Sagewood Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spoon in lungs?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Spoon in lungs? Empty
PostSubject: Spoon in lungs?   Spoon in lungs? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 8:11 am

This is just weird. How the heck can you inhale a spoon and not know it? To get in the lungs, he had to have inhaled.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/09/18/spoon.in.lung/index.html

(CNN) -- "I know I didn't chow down on a spoon!" declared
John Manley, who recently discovered that an eating utensil was the
source of his two years of ill health, coughing, vomiting and pain.The Wilmington, North Carolina, resident had surgery last week to
remove part of a plastic spoon from his lung. And it wasn't just any
old plastic spoon; it came from the fast-food chain Wendy's, with the
restaurant logo clearly visible on the handle. "It must have been in the food or drink," Manley told CNN affiliate WECT.His doctor found the spoon after looking into his lungs with an
endoscope, a medical instrument with a long, thin tube containing a
light and a video camera. "He explained that there was an object down there, and it had writing on it," Manley said. "It spelled out 'Wendy's' on one side and 'hamburgers' on the other, and I was a little floored." So were his relatives, who, when they were telephoned with the news, were eating ... Wendy's.
Back to top Go down
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Spoon in lungs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoon in lungs?   Spoon in lungs? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:09 pm

What the? I'm with you, Lightfoot. How could you not know that you inhaled a spoon?
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com

Spoon in lungs?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sagewood Country :: The Market Square :: The Newspaper Stand-
Jump to: