Sagewood Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I think we are going backwards

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sage
Admin

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-04-08

I think we are going backwards Empty
PostSubject: I think we are going backwards   I think we are going backwards Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:18 pm

Sounds odd don't it?? Well..here's why I think, WE as an american people are going backwards.

First let's start with the major concern..racisism. Ya know..(remember..this IMHO)..Since the election of our current president, of which I may add, I had no problem with and given the options at the time, was to me a pretty good choice, but I digress..since the election of our current president I have seen more..MUCH more issues with race then I had in the last many years combined. Why is that?? I mean, what I've been reading in the news is unbelievable and damned near getting out of hand to the point that I swear to you, war is immenent and not a foriegn one!

Blacks (I refuse to call the black race 'african-american'..we are all americans..I certainly don't call myself irish-american indian-american now do I? I never was in Ireland!) again..I digress. What I'm seeing is a lot of the black race screaming racism on a more constant basis then was happening before. I'm seeing a lot the white race screaming 'reverse racism' on a more constant basis then before. WTH??
Have we moved foward at all in our society or have recent developments simply made things worse? Or could it be it was getting worse all the time and the recent developments have just spurred it on? I don't know..I can't tell. It's like....the election of our first black president has made the american people take three steps backward in the race problem..on both sides!
What's going to happen next? How's is this mess going to end? When will we all get over ourselves?

And when I say we are stepping backwards, I don't mean just in with the race issue. Religious issues, self serving issues and even sanctimonious issues!

My gawd, in West Bend, Ill. they want to start burning and banning books again!!!! Why? Because they speak of sex acts, and heterosexual and homosexual acts. Good Grief..where are we heading?? I'm seeing the dark ages around the corner again and it's starting to scare the beejesus out of me.
We have not come as far as I would have hoped in the grand scheme of things, or is it we have come as far as our pea brains will allow and we have no where else to go but backwards?

Feel free to comment..not a requirment by anymeans, just kinda my way of venting!
Back to top Go down
http://sagewoodfarm.blogspot.com/

I think we are going backwards
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sagewood Country :: Bits and Pieces :: Pandora's Box-
Jump to: