Sagewood Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MandaMae

MandaMae

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together Empty
PostSubject: Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together   Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 7:07 pm

Well, someone at Jason's work finally noticed that he can not deploy in the shape he's in..... So, there are 2 options.... medical discharge which he doesn't want at all. January will be 11 years and he loves the army. OR he can possibly try to get put on a strategic position and stay in. OR the third most logical idea... FIX HIM!!!!!

I need any and all logical explanations for these tremors and muscle issues... The neurologist tested for nerve damage, there is none. Nothing on the catscan. The neurologist is being called to see if there was anything on the MRI.

Financially, the medical discharge would be better... No debt left, move home, get a job in the same field only paid 2-3 times what he's paid in the army. Downside- health insurance for all of us, AND finding a job near home and moving yet again.

I just dont know what to do or think anymore. The good news is we will be home October 12th through the 25th! yay us.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mistressangel1983
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together   Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:41 am

Would he be able to qualify for disability if he was medically discharged? Just curious, I don't know how the Army handles that kind of thing. As far as insurance goes, you guys could qualify for Tricare standard. I know Tricare sucks, but it's better than nothing at all. From what I understand if you still use Tricare-approved facilities, you would have very little, if any, out of pocket expenses for doctor visits. You can also have it in addition to whatever insurance he receives at his new job, which could be nice.

But, if he loves the Army that much, I don't see why they couldn't find him another job. There should always be some kind of staff position or desk job open somewhere. They may not be able to keep him at his current station, but he'd at least be able to stay in and possibly work toward retirement. Yeah, you'd have to move, but you don't like it up North anywho Smile.

As far as what he's got. I have no idea. I'm assuming they've tested him for infections and viruses and the like. Sounds like you need Dr. House! (If only it were that easy).
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together   Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 12:47 pm

Dr. House? LOL I love that show!

Perhaps another neurologist? This one doesn't sound like he's too interested. Sometimes you just gotta raise hell to get their attention. They need to find out what is going on.

If he truly loves what he does, he needs to talk to someone about finding a way to stay in.
Back to top Go down
MandaMae

MandaMae

PostSubject: Re: Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together   Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 5:18 pm

He wants to stay in... if there's any chance of getting better. Tricare won't pay for one of his medications without trying this drug from the 60's thats been improved with less side effects. Neurontin can cause side effects that he's on medications to stop anyways. Tricare blows. They are bastards.

We can't change neurologists until his PCM refers him to another.....

*sigh* I'm just stressed between not having enough moolah and his illness and unsure deployment.....

how's everyone else doing??
Back to top Go down
LeaShi

LeaShi

PostSubject: Re: Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together   Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 1:21 pm

Wow, that's frustrating. I hope you don't get too saddle sore from having to ride Tricare's ass, but it seems that's what you've got to do if you want to be taken care of. I had a friend tell me that you shouldn't even deal with the CSR's when you call Tricare. I think she said you need to ask directly for medical management - I'm pretty sure that's what she said. Apparently if you do that you get to talk directly to someone with actual medical experience who may be able to help you out a little more. It's probably worth a shot, especially if you get the same run-around I have gotten when I've tried to talk to the CSR's.

As far as how I'm doing, things are fine, with the exception of being sleepy and totally demotivated all the time. It's almost like being depressed without being sad. I think I'm just not getting a very good night's rest. I'm wondering when this "nesting instinct" will kick in - I could sure use it to get some housework done. Right now if I even get the dishes washed, it's a good day. Most of the time I just wander around the house like a zombie. I'm not even sure I do too much thinking. Other than that, it's the same old same old. Niel gets up, goes to work, I do dishes (maybe), feed the dogs, let the dogs out, let the dogs in, fuss at Pixie for scratching the end tables, and sleep. Great fun.
Back to top Go down
MandaMae

MandaMae

PostSubject: Re: Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together   Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 7:30 pm

Well, today we found out. unless he can get diagnosed and get treatment he will be medically discharged and be out of the army by CHRISTMAS!!! If they can diagnose and treat, he will deploy in January.

which all in all means we're screwed til christmas pretty much. The next few weeks will be nothing but up in the air. I hate things being in the air. I really REALLY do. It pisses me off and stresses me out.

The motivation will come back in one fell swoop. OR you'll start riding Niel's ass to do EVERYTHING all at once so it's done in time! lol

i'm a multi-tasker i did both Razz
Back to top Go down
LeaShi

LeaShi

PostSubject: Re: Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together   Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:18 pm

Up in the air, huh? The military likes it that way, I think. Hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait. Sigh. I really do feel for you.
Back to top Go down
MandaMae

MandaMae

PostSubject: Re: Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together   Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:52 am

Well, we'll be home on leave the 12th through the 26th. Jason has to be tested for MS before they will decide about deployment. If he has MS, there will be a medical board and discharge. If not then deployment in January.

Would they go ahead and schedule the MRI and spinal tap the army requires before leave?? HECK NO! they're waiting until it's so close to deployment that he can't deploy on time. I realize I must sound heartless, but I am not wanting him to go emotionally, I just look at the financial end daily and know, deploy or sink... I prefer not to drown. We shall see........

The MRI is scheduled the 27th of October, so I will let you know if he has MS. Just so you know, we're hoping it was the chiropractors fault and not MS.......

Join me in blaming the Chiro Wink
Back to top Go down
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together   Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:31 am

I definitely hope it's not MS! At least they've finally scheduled the MRI. It should have been done to start with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together   Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Okay ladies.. lets put our heads together
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sagewood Country :: The Courtyard :: The Front Porch-
Jump to: