Sagewood Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sagewood Country

Welcome to Sagewood Country! Crafts, Gardens, Challenges and much more. Come visit and say HI!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whew!!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Whew!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Whew!!!!!!   Whew!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 4:09 pm

Well, I'm finally done! Last night I put on the second coat of paint, tore down the tape, and put my living room back in order. This was no small task, let me tell you! Here are some photos of our living room's journey:

The hideous wallpaper on the left is what we started with. I stripped down the top layer and then lost my motivation, so the picture on the right is what we had for a long time.
Whew!!!!!! DSCF2505 Whew!!!!!! Livingroom

It didn't look bad in pictures, but the wallpaper backing was yellowing and not very attractive up close. So finally after a year of living with it, I decided I'd had enough. The process took me two weeks, since I was working by myself and was trying not to over do it. (My feet still hurt.)
Whew!!!!!! DSCF3199 Whew!!!!!! DSCF3244

Now here's the final product. You'll notice that I rearranged the furniture. I think it works better by not cutting off any one portion of the room from the other. Obviously I still have some straightening to do and some accessories to put up, but you get the idea. Once I get it all dressed out, I'll do a sweeping video of the whole room so you can see how it all works together.
Whew!!!!!! DSCF3251 Whew!!!!!! DSCF3250

And just because the other pictures don't show it very well, here's a close up of the texture on the walls. It gives the place an "old world" feel if you ask me Smile.
Whew!!!!!! DSCF3252 Whew!!!!!! DSCF3237
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
Lightfoot
Admin
Lightfoot

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Whew!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whew!!!!!!   Whew!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:39 pm

Looks great! I don't envy you all that work. But it's certainly worth it. I like the new furniture arrangement too.

I started on Chase's room yesterday. Hope to have the second coat on today and then work on the "wash" as the week goes on. My feet, my back, my legs! I'm just glad I thought to use the ironing board to hold the paint so I didn't have to get up and down so much!
Back to top Go down
LeaShi

LeaShi

Number of posts : 485

Whew!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whew!!!!!!   Whew!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 2:24 pm

Ooh, clever! I should have thought of something like that - my feet are killing me! Hopefully your room turns out beautifully. Post pictures!
Back to top Go down
http://www.AshleysCrescentMoon.etsy.com
MandaMae

MandaMae

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Whew!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whew!!!!!!   Whew!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 6:52 pm

Looks good Lea! Smile I think maybe it's a yankee thing to have wallpaper everywhere... LOL

Now take a break before you decide to tackle another room Smile

and LF... we'll need pictures Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mistressangel1983
Sage
Admin

Number of posts : 316

Whew!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whew!!!!!!   Whew!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 7:21 pm

GOOD JOB there kiddo!!

I do like the furniture arrangment better..it almost seperates enough to give you a dinning area too! COOL BEANS!! Good job...
Back to top Go down
http://sagewoodfarm.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Whew!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whew!!!!!!   Whew!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whew!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sagewood Country :: Welcome to Oz :: Emerald City-
Jump to: